· Total Members: 835
· Newest Member: ppitarch
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
View Thread
 Print Thread
WCCW set
craigmobley1
Absolutely love UQ wrestling. I use the advanced charts.

I grew up on WCCW here in Texas...so obviously I had to purchase that set for UQ.
Anyone else notice how LOW the Von Erich's ratings are in this set? Kerry's seems ok but all the others seem very low. I'm gonna bump them all up considerably.

statfreak
Yes, I questioned Jeff about this back in 2012 or so. He stood by the ratings so it is up to us to change to a more accurate rating.

craigmobley1
Well I would never second guess...but my WCCW universe is essentially geared to be a Von Erich superstars universe.

So I'll be giving the Von Erichs a huge ratings bump.

DowneyGames

craigmobley1 wrote:

Well I would never second guess...but my WCCW universe is essentially geared to be a Von Erich superstars universe.

So I'll be giving the Von Erichs a huge ratings bump.

The beauty of tabletop gaming is that we can create our own worlds, and our own realities!

John Daniel
I just got the UQ game parts and also the WCCW Texas set. I didn't get anything that looks like an "advanced chart". Also, I don't see anything that mentions when to use the manager's cards. Am I missing something?

craigmobley1
As part of the UQ Wresting game there should be instructions for Advanced gameplay and several card stock Advanced charts.

John Daniel
I got the PDF version. I found them. Did a few matches and I like it. Very simple to learn and play.

craigmobley1
Excellent.

Enjoy!

John Daniel
As I approach the age of 70, these "fast action" games have more and more appeal. LOL

w_hild

craigmobley1 wrote:

Absolutely love UQ wrestling. I use the advanced charts.

I grew up on WCCW here in Texas...so obviously I had to purchase that set for UQ.
Anyone else notice how LOW the Von Erich's ratings are in this set? Kerry's seems ok but all the others seem very low. I'm gonna bump them all up considerably.

I agree. I would give +1000 to both David and Kevin Von Erich. Mike? To be honest, his current rating is probably a bit generous. BUT, he was booked to win most of his matches. I would give Mike a +500, bringing him up slightly above 2000 since he was booked strong. Mike had no business being in the ring, especially after the toxic shock syndrome. David and Kevin need a bump of 1000 each to get them to where they were booked in the territory.

jennychan
Methinks the Von Erichs' Overall Ratings were based on perceived talent rating, not Overall acting like a push rating based on win/loss record.
I am not sure what the trade secret formula is. I guess the end result is kinda an ELO Rating, which is why Flair was always high in whichever set he was in even though he ate losses all the time.

Mike Von Erich had a real life career of 160-24-7, which is amazing.

And although I don't have Kevin's sole World Class stats, his entire career was 680-178-109. Kevin never lost more than 20 matches a year.

w_hild
Kevin Von Erich in just WCCW...

550 wins, 85 draws, 116 defeats

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=1417&bild=0&details=4&liga=172

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· 2014 Statis Pro Base...
· 2013 Statis Pro Base...
· 2012 Statis Pro Base...